Sunday, July 29, 2007

Portland Capstone Class

Thursday I worked a morning shift at the Hunter library - then came home and put the final touches on my capstone website. I tried not to get myself too nervous about my small group presentation, but I was still anxious about it. I went to Mom and Dad's later that evening, so they could take me to the airport the next morning, and I had Dad look it over and he gave me encouraging words that helped comfort me.
Friday morning, flew to Portland and had a lot of time to kill. It turns that I only had class on Saturday - not Friday or Sunday like we usually do - so I had time on my hands. Friday, after checking in my motel, I drove to the temple. It's gorgeous and it sits in a forest of pine trees. I tried to get some pictures, but my camera died. I did get a few with the cell-phone - but all I can do with those is use them as a backdrop wallpaper - which is cool anyway.
Saturday went well. We first split into our small groups and then our teacher would come around and visit the groups to hear a little of every presentation. I didn't have to go first, which was good so I could hear how the rest of them were doing it, so I was feeling a little better when it was my turn. Too bad I turned into a stumble bum as soon as I got up there. But, I had a friendly group and they had positive comments and had thoughtful questions to ask afterwards. Hopefully my teacher thought I did ok! Later, one of my classmates was asked when we would know if we didn't get all the points to pass and my teacher replied that from what she saw in our presentations, we all got enough points. I was excited to hear that, but am still waiting on pins and needles to see if I passed or not. This is my last class - I have to pass! I can still "walk" at commencement next month either way - but I still want to know that I have earned my degree! So, I'll let you know when I get my final grade!
Sunday I found a ward nearby and went to Sacrament before heading back to the airport. It was a good trip and I'm excited to go back with Mom and Dad at the end of the month.

0 comments: