Friday, July 20, 2007

EFY


You probably remember me mentioning that I was going to be a volunteer counselor for EFY. Well, that was such a good week, exhausting, but good! It reminded me of my mission - the tiredness you feel after a spiritually draining day. I had a good group of girls, ages 16-17, and they all seemed to like me! Some even hung out with me during the dances and during free time, etc. (hehe) It took me a few lessons to get back into my teaching groove - but my group and I had some good discussions and I also had the chance to teach other companies about a topic in the For Strength of Youth (about Education) and I thought it went well and the kids were participating, etc. Plus, added bonus, one of the counselor's told me afterwards that they thought my little lesson was most enjoyable - isn't that nice? Now, don't get me wrong - I'm not tooting my horn that I'm a great teacher - BUT I am saying that after much prayer and scripture study I was able to say what I wanted to say and hopefully what the kids needed to hear. The week consisted of different activities and classes - I am planning on writing a full length narrative about the week and I might send you a copy. I have uploaded the pictures and will send that link as well. There is so much more to say - but I will refrain at this time!

0 comments: