Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Pioneer Day Parade

Pioneer Day. Andrew and I went downtown for the parade and had a heck of a time getting past the 5K route. We had to park at the Smith's Marketplace (Fred Meyer) and walk a few blocks to the library. We were late, but got to see the majority of the parade. We did watch from the staff balcony, but it actually wasn't too hot. I thought I would end up with a sunburned neck, but nope we were ok. Across the street was a radio station announcing the floats - so we got to hear what and who everyone was. The parade was fun - I have attached pictures - even one of Mayor Rocky! (hehe) I really liked what you said about the parade: " I miss the parade. I think I'll hug it when I get back. All of it. At the same time." I can only imagine you're voice when you say that! (hehe)
Afterwards, we went back to Mom and Dad's and I ended up reading the rest of the Harry Potter. I was determined to finish the book so I wouldn't be distracted while I was working on my final capstone project. It worked and I was able to move on with my life! (hehe)

0 comments: