Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Extravaganza

New Year's Eve was really fun. Everyone had plans and I was starting to worry about where I was going to go - then I got a text from a friend inviting me to go to First Night with half-off tickets. I was excited (only $4). We met up at Temple Square and watched a few concerts in the Assembly Hall. The first one we saw was some Polynesian dancers, that was fun, then Jon Schmidt came out and did a fun concert. He's a great performer. After that we rushed over to the Gallivan Center to see fireworks at midnight. I love fireworks! Happy New Year!

New Year's Day was really low key - my brother and I ended up working on some cleaning chores around my parent's house. I don't think I even changed out of my pajamas! Yikes! That's ok - you could say I started the new year on a fresh clean slate! Hopefully literally that is true!

Happy New Year! 2009!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! for non-book review posts ;)
Glad to hear your holidays went well. I was in SLC for new years eve... went to bed at 7:30 p.m. when my grandpa said "You look tired, good night sweetheart" (code for "Your grandma and I are old, don't make us stay up"). I wish I had received a text like yours ;)
Happy New Years!!!

~Ashley