Thursday, January 29, 2009

Packing with a Vengeance

So much is going on - and it will still be crazy for a few more weeks yet! It's surreal that I'm moving in 3 weeks. I found a 1 bedroom apartment available in Portsmouth, for a decent rent and it's less than 4 miles to my work. I applied and was accepted - so now I have a place to live. Now I've been packing in any free moment I've had. It's hard because half of my belongings are at Grammy's house - but I've decided to just get everything ready at each respective location and I'll drive the moving van to each place and pack it up! Grammy is giving me her flowered love-seat, I'm taking the big dresser from Mom & Dad's and I have my bed at my house. Plus, boxes galore. I'm trying to be a wise packer by putting heavier things in the smaller boxes, and the lighter things in the bigger boxes. Hopefully this won't strain any one's back - especially mine! I wish I could have my sister, Anna, with me as my personal consultant - but we don't have that luxury anymore! I'll just have to make due with my own abilities!
So, I'm packing all I can this week. Then, next week I'm going up to Canada to visit my friend Jocelyn for my birthday week. I just didn't want to sit at home and feel sorry for myself on my 30th birthday. So, Canada here I come! Jocelyn is so excited - we're going to have a great time.
I'll get back from Canada on Sunday the 8th, and that week will be my last week of work at the library - as well as my last chance to pack everything up. No doubt I will be getting together with many friends - because it will be our last chance for a long time. I'm trying not to think about my good-byes because I start to getting really sad!

1 comments:

Jocelyn said...

YAHOO! I am so excited that you are here! We are going to have so much fun.