Friday, January 16, 2009

NEW JOB! Finally!


View Larger Map

So, I had a phone interview with a job in Chesapeake, Virginia a few months ago, didn't get myself too excited just because I've had so many and I've learned not to get my hopes up. Well, last month they called and wanted me to send my background info - fingerprints, criminal history, child protective services background and a copy of my Masters degree diploma. Still, I wasn't getting too excited, but the thought started lingering that I might have to move to Virginia.
Well, I got a call Thursday morning from the manager of the library and she offered me the job. I was so shocked that I couldn't give her a direct answer, but she was nice and said I had the weekend to decide. After getting off the phone I instantly started calling people: Dad, Mom, Anna, my roomies, etc etc. I had the day off so I thought and talked about it all day. Mom and Dad are sad, but excited. Anna is way stoked. David was just surprised. After talking it out all day I felt like this is want I wanted, and needed, to do. I called the manager Friday morning and accepted the job.
She's giving me 6 weeks until I need to start - so that has me starting on February 23rd. I'll probably leave on Feb. 18th - that give me about three days to drive across country. Google Maps says it's a 1 day, 9 hour trip. We'll see about that. I have to rent a U-Haul to move all my stuff - then tow my car behind it. We'll see who can help me out! I've got a month to figure all of this out! I'll keep you updated! This should be a good experience!

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Congratulations!

Stephanie :) said...

I'm excited for you! Congrats!

Briann said...

that is awesome! I'm so excited for you! Good luck!