Monday, January 26, 2009

Sayonara little Honda!

I sold my Honda! I had 2 people come by and test drive it. The second person offered $500 because he thought the transmission needed some work done. He even took it to a transmission place. Well, the next day I took it over to Flash Gordon's transmission place and he drove it around and said that the transmission and clutch were fine - just a bit noisy. He did recommend new spark plugs for the engine, because it had been sluggish for a few months. I told him that I was trying to sell and he said that if I could get $1,200 for it that would be good. I put $1,500 as my price. Later that evening, David put in new spark plugs and the engine was working great.
So, this guy Edgar came for a test drive that Friday morning and put an offer for it. I negotiated to sell it for $1,100 - it was lower than I had hoped - but I was just glad that he wanted to buy it. Plus, I got the money I needed to buy the Dodge. Well, I wasn't ready for a buyer so I had to hurry and empty all my stuff out of the car, find and sign the title, and take off the license plates, etc.. Then, he took me over to Office Max so I could get a copy of the title. I had posted the car on KSL online classified and Edgar called me later that day to ask if I could take off the listing. I guess he's going to fix it up and sell it again! Oh well, it's not in my hands anymore!
I was car less at this point and Dad had me come by, care of the downtown Trax, and pick up the stratus from the Church Office parking lot. I had the day open, so I took the Dodge to get 2 new tires, so I could get the safety/emission to pass. Then I deposited the cash that Edgar paid me for in the bank - and I made a down payment on the Dodge Stratus. In the long run, this was a long day, long week, involving cars! Today I went over the DMV, waited for an hour, and got a new title and license plates - so now I'm set until I need to leave! Phew!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like quite the adventure. Glad to hear you got everything worked out with your car.

Shae said...

So much fun! Now you will need to post pics of your new car! :)