Friday, October 19, 2007

Richard Paul Evans and Bookwise

I had the opportunity to attend a Bookwise conference with my ex-boyfriend, Nate and his wife, Shae. (Long story) Let me tell you a little about this Bookwise Conference - it was actually an Author conference and they had real authors in attendance to give presentations. Richard Paul Evans is the CEO of the company and he shared his story about how he got his "Christmas Box" published and whatnot. On Friday we saw some great authors including the Mark Victor Hansen, who did the Chicken Soup for the Soul books - he was really funny, and the Singing Chef - who made me laugh as we all sang along with him.


Later that evening they had a kick-off party and had the band Smash Mouth perform. Talk about cool! I actually knew most of their songs. Too bad I couldn't get any autographs! (hehe)
At the end of the concert, Shae and I went up near the stage and Richard Paul Evans happened to be there as well talking to some people. Shae went up and shake his hand and he shook my hand as well - THEN, out of nowhere he hugged me. AWKWARD! Where did that come from? (hehe) I did see him hug some people earlier and I think he was just in a hug mode. Funny! Now I can saw that Richard Paul Evans hugged me - no one will believe me! (hehe)

1 comments:

Briann said...

That's awesome!