Sunday, October 7, 2007

General Conference

I got to watch almost all of conference, except the last session because I had to stupid work. I still need to watch that session, I keep forgetting. It was a good conference all around - but when isn't it? (hehe)
I was surprised/pleased about President Eyring and Elder Cook. They will be most excellent in their new callings. To be honest, I overslept Saturday morning, just until 10:20 and missed the actual announcement. So, I got online to the Deseret News website and they had the information already. That's what I call fast news!

I was really touched when Elder Nelson assisted Elder Wirthlin during his talk - it turns out that he locked his knees and that's why he started shaking. I started crying when I saw Elder Nelson helping him - and Elder Wirthlin's talk was about charity. It was awesome.

Elder Condie's talk about Leah and Rachel also struck me. I'm anxious to get the Ensign and read over the talks again - to get more from them.

During conference I worked on some of Mom's photo albums. She hasn't scrapbooked the albums from 1984-1989. I spent all of conference just peeling the pictures off the original pages. I plan on helping her put them in acid-free pages - nothing fancy. I'm just not into the fancy-shamcy scrapbooking anymore - just slap it on with some glue/tape and call it good.

Did I tell you that Anna invited Mom and me to attend the R.S. broadcast at the conference center? I bet you heard about it from Mom. Well, it was a great meeting and the Spirit spoke to me about a few different things - including doing my visiting teaching. I just haven't done it since being in my ward. It's not like I don't want to - I just don't remember. My companion is one of my roommates, Amy, and we are going to try and be better about getting out. Anyway, the new R.S. General Presidency is great - the 1st counselor is Hispanic and the 2nd is an older single lady. I think Sister Beck, the president, did a good job in representing the women of the church.

0 comments: