Sunday, October 14, 2007

Joseph's Musical Number

So Joseph Cook, my new friend in the ward, called me up and asked if I could play for a musical number he was putting together. He arranged the music for the hymn, "I saw a mighty angel fly". We got together to practice, first at the JSMB because that's where Joseph works and he could get us in to use a piano after we had FHE at the Church Museum. The music was a little hard, but I vowed to practice all week to get it down.
Our group, about 8 of us, got together again after our ward temple excursion. We went to the Mt. Timp temple - it was good. This time we met to practice at the Gardner Hall - once again because Joseph could get us in to use a piano.
We performed it in Sacrament meeting and it sounded really good - despite all of my mistake that I hope no one heard! (hehe) Well, I got to know Joseph a little more during this process and so far I like what I hear. He was really good about calling and whenever I returned his calls he would say, "Hello Elizabeth Hope". We had an early practice before church and he asked me for a ride, which I couldn't give him because I had Ward council to attend beforehand. Anyway - the point I am making is that I think he considers me a friend and I need all the friends I can get!

0 comments: