Tuesday, October 16, 2007

FHE and Institute

I went to FHE this week, I've made this my new goal, and it was a stake activity. It was a Halloween carnival and it was fun. I actually didn't participate in the games, but it was good to socialize with people in my ward and met some new people.

Tuesday I went to Institute and it was such a good class. It's the Parables of Jesus and this parable we studied was about the two debtors. The lesson behind the parable was about repentance and it's two-fold purpose/mission. We can be forgiven, or justified, as soon as we are repentant and ask for forgiveness. We are forgiven and deemed innocent, but that doesn't mean our character or nature is changed. So, over time and when we keep our covenants and then we are sanctified - which changes our character and makes us pure. I never really understood this part of repentance and was really touched by the lesson. I guess that Elder Bednar talked about the during conference, but I don't remember. I'm anxious to get my Conference Ensign to study and review.

0 comments: