Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Wicked Halloween

Halloween was a blast this year. The library employees were encouraged to dress up and our department went with a theme - the Wizard of Oz. Most of the characters were already chosen, but for some reason the Wicked Witch hadn't been taken. I reluctantly took the part, but then got excited about it. Talk about easy! I put my costume together in no time and I was pleased with the results. Just this morning I picked up a few inches of some see-through black fabric to pin to the back of my hat and it looked great - just like the real Wicked Witch. It was fun seeing everyone's costumes and the rest of the library's response. We had people coming down from other departments to see us. There was talk of a costume prize and we are confident that we got it as a department. I loved this opportunity to get dressed up - that was always my favorite part of Halloween. Hopefully I'll get more chances in the future! FYI, I had the song "Thriller" as my ring tone today - thought I be festive! (hehe)

Some of our department dressed up:

2 comments:

Briann said...

You all look so great!

Anonymous said...

You do make an excellent witch! ;) but really, nice job on your costume!
-Ashley