Saturday, August 9, 2008

Manti Temple Excursion

Our ward had our temple trip to Manti on Saturday. I'm really excited that we got that go ahead to go and it seems like people are excited.
To make it even more special, we went to the old City Hall and heard a little presentation about the history of Manti and the temple, etc. It's interesting how I got that worked out - I first called the temple and asked if they could give such a presentation but they couldn't for the unendowed members in our group. Also, we aren't allowed to meet on "Temple Hill" for any gatherings of that nature. So, they recommended the Manti Pageant people for me to call. I did that, and they recommended I call this Brother Vern Buchanan. I did and he was excited to help us out. He's working on restoring the old City Hall building (http://restoremanti.org/) and offered to let us come and hear about that project as well as some history and so forth. I hope this will be a positive experience for everyone - I sure enjoyed it!

I was excited to finally go inside the Manti Temple! I haven't since I've been endowed and I was excited to see another live version besides Salt Lake. It was an interesting experience and the murals were really interesting! The decorations were beautiful! Afterwards they showed us the freestanding staircases and they were amazing.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, that is so cool! i can't wait to go to the manti temple now....in like 5 years! haha, welp, have a good one!