Friday, August 8, 2008

Branching Out

I didn't get that school librarian job at Riley, and I had to call to find that out. The school has yet to call or write my rejection. Oh well. So, that's the last of the school librarian positions available for this school year. I went back to the district office and put my application in for a regular teacher and it turns out that I need to take another Praxis test to be a highly-qualified candidate. I was pretty upset about that. The next available test isn't until Sept, so I won't be getting any calls for interviews from them anytime soon. So, I got brave (and desperate) and started sending out my application to Children Librarian jobs out of Utah. The closest one is in California and the rest are east including Michigan and New Jersey. I found the job openings on this certain website and I think I'm going to start checking on some closer states, searching specific states, etc. I already have 2 interviews next week: an interview in Logan on Monday and a phone interview for a job in Sacramento on Friday. I've never had a phone interview before! I'll let you know how that goes.

0 comments: