Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Interview Updates

Three Interview in Two Weeks - Here's the facts:

Aug.11: North Logan Public Library.
I went up to Logan for this interview and the library was nice, but on the smaller size. I met with the Director and two members of the Library Board. This position was for an regular Librarian - as opposed to a Children's position and my answers seemed to revert to my love for children. I guess working with children is on my brain. Overall, I think the interview went pretty good - but didn't get great responses in body language from the interviewers. Oh well.

Aug. 15: Sacramento Public Library
This was my first phone interview and I was so nervous! Three women talked with me and I couldn't tell their voices apart during the interview - well I guess it didn't matter. This interview was for a Children's Librarian job - well actually 3 positions. I think it went pretty well - I had answers to their questions and example for their scenarios. I felt better about this interview and also not so afraid of phone interviews.

North Logan Update:
Received a letter later this week saying they hired another candidate, etc etc. That's ok - chalk it up to experience and add the letter to my collection.

August 20: Wichita Public Library
This interview was at 7am my time! Yikes! Hopefully they couldn't tell that I was still in my pajamas! (hehe) This interview didn't go as well as I could of liked. They were asking many questions about how I deal with multicultural patrons and would books I could recommend. They wanted titles in children's pictures books, children's fiction, children's non-fiction and young adult. Actual titles! At 7am! I was really scrambling for a smart choice and I actually couldn't think of any YA titles to recommend. Bummer. We'll see if they like me!

1 comments:

Carrie said...

Good Luck! I hope you find something you will love. Hey, see you Saturday at the Rosewood Reunion.