Sunday, July 6, 2008

Just call me a Queen!

Lately I have been working on Family History and it's so addicting! I know you must chuckle at this - but I'm really enjoying what I'm doing! I'm trying to get all the info I can from the FamilyHistory.org website and then seeing what temple work has been done. I've already worked on the my Grandma's side. I'm now working in the my Grandpa Duke's side. There are definitely more names on this side - and some nobility! I started researching a Baron and it goes way back, one name went back to 6 B.C., and some are Kings and Queens from many countries, including Wales, Ireland, England, Germany, France and Italy. I can't believe that I'm French and Italian! I'm actually related to some famous people like the Duke of Buckingham (was alive with King Henry VIII who had all those wives), Charlemagne, and some Holy Roman Emperors. Crazy! This is so cool! I told the my nephews that we are related to some Kings and that they had royal blood - and later when Karter scrapped his elbow, from a bike fall, he said, "Oh no, I'm losing my royal blood!".

1 comments:

Carrie said...

Ugh! The unknown.... Best of luck to you!! :)