Wednesday, June 11, 2008

On a Safari at the Library!

Today I got to help out with Preschool story time for the second time. I was a little nervous, but excited. My partner, Patrick, is a funny guy so and we had a great time. Our theme was going on a safari, so our books are about safari adventures, dancing giraffes and just information about safari/jungle animals in general. The kids loved it and were involved - even the parents had a few chuckles! We are going to do the same program tomorrow and I'm excited. I'm especially excited because Anna might come and bring the kids! That would be so much fun! I get to help with a few more story-times this summer and I'm getting more confident about it! The fun times of a Children's Librarian!

Here are some Safari books that we used, and that you might enjoy. But, you don't have to take my word for it!

On safari : 6 amazing pop-up scenes by Richard Ferguson & Marie Greenwood
Pull-out tabs list basic facts about each animal.

Starry safari by Linda Ashman; illustrated by Jeff Mack.
Bedtime becomes a jungle safari until the Big Safari Ranger brings it to a halt.

Giraffes can't dance by Giles Andreae; illustrated by Guy Parker-Rees

Gerald the giraffe is too clumsy to dance with all the other animals at the Jungle Dance, until he finds the right music.



Yikes! by Robert Florczak

A young boy sees such fearsome and exotic creatures as a cobra, gorillas, and crocodiles when he goes on safari.

0 comments: