Monday, June 9, 2008

Level 4 and the Rain Man

Monday I substituted in another department in the library. I first helped in the AudioVisual Department - where the movies and CDs are located - then I went up the 4th floor where the 2nd half of non-fiction is held.
I saw the famous "Rain Man" guy, Kim Peek. (Click here for more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Peek) He talked to me on his way in about the weather. I thought to myself, "Okay, maybe he is more coherent then I first imagined". Later he came up to me with me with a phonebook in his hand and he started showing me some phone numbers. He was leaning close when he showed me the phonebook and I was a little afraid because I didn't know what he wanted - but I guess he just wanted validation or something! After he left, I asked my co-worker - who wasn't concerned about the encounter - and she said that he usually comes to talk and usually just needs validation or whatnot. Crazy!

1 comments:

Carrie said...

Cool, and I know you and you met The Rain Man. You're cool.