Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The $1000 Problem

Last week I took my car to get a multi-point inspection at the dealership, to find out what was up with my brakes. They ended up finding a whole bunch of things wrong with it, besides the brakes. The biggest thing was the power steering rack needs to be replaced and that will cost at least $1000 to fix. I almost started crying in the dealership when I heard this! The car also needs some other things repaired that also add up. The guy told me that I wouldn't be able to have my car pass inspection with this problem and that I might want to consider purchasing a new car! Yikes!

So, I've been talking to Dad and David about it and they say that since my car isn't worth no more than $2500 (bluebook value) that I should just attempt to sell it without making any repairs. Problem is that my emission/inspection came up this month and I took it in today to see what they had to say. This guy just pointed out the power steering rack, the most expensive thing to fix, and replacement of two of my tires. So, the point of the story is that my car did NOT pass the emission test. I only have until the end of the month to drive my little car!


I've been exploring some different options - including a UTA Trax pass - and hopefully I can get some answers to my vehicle dilemma! I'll keep you updated!

1 comments:

Shae said...

Oh Man! That stinks! We've been going through the whole "fix-it" with our cars....and too bad we didn't know...we just fixed up one of our cars and sold it about 3 weeks ago!