Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Years with the Apes

New Years Eve:
I did have to work on Monday, but I was off at 6pm. What else are you gonna do during the day? (hehe) It was actually pretty busy. Oh, I got an email about the Assistant Manager job - I didn't get it. The email from the Assistant Director said, "You're allowed to be discouraged, but not disheartened, I'd be happy to interview again in the future". I was a little upset, but kind of glad overall. I need the money and extended hours - but I hate to leave my new favorite job! I'm so torn! I really hope that something will open up in my department that will give me the full-time! Argg!
Ok, so back to New Years. I went right over to Mom and Dad's after work and as soon as I got there we left for the Juett's house. You're going to laugh when you hear when we ended up doing until midnight - we watched 3 of the Planet of the Apes movies! (hehe) They were on t.v. and Dave started watching and we all joined and kept watching - getting into the stories. I guess all the adults went to see them when they initially came out and it pretty popular or something. I wouldn't admit it public, but I actually enjoyed the cheesy stories! I've actually put the last 2 movies on hold at the library - I have to see how it all ends! (hehe) At midnight we watched the Dick Clark special and he is soo old! Poor guy, he didn't look so good and his talking was slurred. I guess he had a stroke. Hopefully this is his last year hosting the New Year show! (Not that I want him to die, but he needs to retire!) Happy New Year!
New Year's Day:
We met up with the Duke's for the annual bowling tournament. It was fun - even though I didn't get my requested bumpers. Mom did really good and beat Dad and Steve both games. She was on fire! Too bad Steve was mopping about it! Rob and Stephanie were on my team, with David and Sheila, and it was fun talking to them and seeing little Kameryn. After bowling, Sheila invited me and Andrew to eat at Iceberg with them. Yum! I got a root beer shake - my favorite!

0 comments: