Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Baby Sign

I am getting more involved at the library and have had some fun experiences. A few weeks ago I was asked to attend a class about Baby Sign Language. It was so cute! We just learned some basic signs that babies can learn: like Mom, Dad, "more", "all done", milk, etc etc. It was so cute! A few moms were in attendance and had their little ones just playing on the floor, and after we were doing signs they were moving their hands and fingers around. One little girl started to attempt to do the sign and we were all enthralled. There is just something about little fingers doing sign language! I went online and found a few movies of babies doing the signs and it was soo cute!




I want to try to teach some to Emilia, but we'll see. At the library, my boss wants to start doing a few signs for the baby storytime, Book Baby. I'm excited because I get to help with the storytimes this summer while my Homework Help takes a hiatus. I'm eager to get more involved and get my feet wet with different programs and services. We are getting ready for the Summer Reading program and I've volunteered to help out where I can. Hopefully I can do it!

0 comments: