Sunday, September 2, 2007

Good News, Bad News

This week I had two follow-up interviews for library jobs. One was at the Anderson-Foothill branch, for a full-time Assistant job. The other one was for the Children's department, for a part-time Associate job. I thought both interviews went well. In fact, the one for the Children's department one was really funny because we got some drinks from the little cafe, I got a yummy chocolate milk, and we sat at one of the tables nearby and just shot the breeze. Well, we didn't really "shoot the breeze", but it was so laid back it felt like that. The manager had a little notepad, but she didn't even take notes or anything. I was hoping it went well!
So, the week has been going slowly as I waited to hear from three jobs at the library. Saturday's mail came with some interesting results. The exciting part was that I got my Masters diploma. I was really pleased - until I saw that they mispelled my middle name! That's ok, I'll call next week and see if they can get me a new one.
The mail also included two letters from the library and I got worried. They were the predicted rejection letters for two of the jobs. One was the full-time job at Foothill - oh well. Nothing about the children's job - but that won't be decided until next week.
I'm feeling pretty discouraged now. I have this (mispelled) diploma and nothing to show for it! I am getting tired of filling out applications and having interview - why can't the perfect job just land in my lap! I mean really!

0 comments: