Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Children's Department

I got the job with the Children's department and I'm really excited about it. I start next Monday. I mentioned earlier that the interview was really laid back and easy-going. I didn't quite know how to take it - whether or not to feel confident about it. Then I had a depressing week afterwards because I received all those rejection letters. I was in tears a few times as I talked about my frustrations to Dad and my bishop. Well, the Lord came through (as always) and I got a call about the Children's job. I was elated. It's not full-time, but it's a big promotion (Aide to Associate) and pay increase. Also, big bonus, I'm in the Children's Department! Just where I want to be! I'm hoping by being there I'll hear about any Librarian positions in the future. So, what my job will entail, for 16 hours a week, will be overseeing the homework tutoring. I guess they are bringing university volunteers to help tutor and what not. Also, I'll get to help out at the reference desk. I'm still unclear what my job duties will entail - but no doubt they will train me! I'm kind of sad to leave the Circulation department - and my new friends. At least I'll still get to see them when I check out my numerous items.

0 comments: