Sunday, August 19, 2007

Two Sacrament Meetings

Our ward choir met early to practice for the song we were singing in Sacrament. I was asked to play the piano. We practiced and it started coming together. The song went well, with mistakes on my part - but I highly doubt anyone really noticed, and the choir director was so grateful for my help. Sure!
Right after Sacrament I slipped out with my friend, Jen Udy, to go with her to another friend's baby blessing. I actually am not close friends with this girl, but Jen asked me to come because she needed some moral support because her ex-boyfriend would be in attendance with his fiance - who is her ex-best friend. Long story - but I was happy to help out. It was actually enjoyable and I got to see other friends I knew in the Rosewood Singles ward. One thing which was most enjoyable about this ward was the organist. When she was playing prelude and postlude she would slowly move the volume pedal up and down. Why? I'm not sure - but it was quite entertaining.
After that Sacrament mtg was over Jen and I went back to the institute building - for separate reasons to see our bishops. I needed to get a new recommend - the one with the new barcode.
Later I went over to the Johnson's for dinner and I brought over my DVD collection. Kade picked out The Swiss Family Robinson and we all enjoyed watching it again - Karter loved the big tree house. I love Fritz - so we're both happy.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm with you, Fritz was always my favorite in that movie... How are ya? Congrats on your graduation! I am in Dallas twidling my thumbs... O.k. so I got a job as a nanny and am taking a Chinese class--not at all where I thought I would be right now! I miss Taiwan and all the teachers! E-mail me sometime :)