Thursday, June 21, 2007

Staff Pictionary

I just got my computer back in working order again. I always get worried when something drastic has changed when I start playing around with different functions. Well, I wasn't playing around - I was downloading some virus removal software and my internet wouldn't work right. Well, it didn't stop all together, but it would only open a few pages. My guess was that this software, which I have now uninstalled, had a pretty good firewall. Anyway, I'll figure something else out to do help with my slow computer. I think I have average computer knowledge, but when some problems arises I have no idea where to start.

We had a staff meeting today and we got done almost an hour early. We are scheduled to have 2 hours and they bring in extra people from the branches to help at the Check out desk. So, I guess we couldn't just go back to work - but we visited for a bit and then someone found a chalkboard in the next room and we started playing Pictionary. Don't worry, our supervisors were playing with us as well. We just started playing and it was funny what words were thought up for ideas: Alcatraz, rubber beach thong, My Little Pony, bowel movement, Jungle Book (that was what I had to draw), Richard Nixon, roast beef sandwich, etc. Yeah, it was pretty funny, random but funny.

I really love being out on the check-out desk now. I love talking to the public - but it also has it set backs. I probably have a cranky person almost everyday - but most of the time they are pretty nice. Now, I can also count on a very smelly person to come through and I have to stop breathing to stop myself from gagging. I'm not trying to be mean, but there is this guy who comes in and he smells like days old B.O. I almost gagged when I got a good whiff of him. Oh dear, I feel so bad for them - all the smelly people in the world!

0 comments: