Monday, June 18, 2007

Family Reunion Picnic

I've been working same as usual. I did have an interview at the Day-Riverside library for a library assistant job - and hopefully I'll hear soon about that. It would be the same hours, but a pay increase and more opportunities to learn how to be a librarian.

This weekend was the Eli Hope Reunion and it was fun. We went to this park in Sandy and it was a nice hot day. But, also very windy. A lot of of our Hopes are in town, including the Tufts, and it was fun seeing almost everyone. The reunion was fun, but it was mostly our family who went - and some of Arthur and Golda's family. After we ate our KFC, we did introductions, and then Dad got up and related a quick history of the Hope family - then shared stories about Grandpa James. He sounded like a neat man - very happy.

This morning, we had the opportunity to go see Emily Juett set apart as a member of the Tabernacle Choir. We went early, a little before 8am, and everyone who was in town was there. They took us all into a small room and then President Mac Christensen came in, you know Mr. Mac. They talked about how important the choir is and then they set her apart as a singing missionary. I didn't know that was actually what their calling was - I just thought Harv Wilhelm made that up. (hehe, my mistake) Afterwards we stayed for the broadcast and it was real nice. They had a visiting soloist, a opera soprano, and so the songs were a little more serious. I admit I fell asleep during the actual broadcast - which was the second time we were seeing the program. My favorite song was A Child's Prayer - such a touching song.

0 comments: