Saturday, March 10, 2007

Volunteer Cat Ladies

So, we have some older ladies who volunteer at the city library almost daily and they are funny ladies. When I say funny, I mean interesting. I have found that I can't stop to talk to them unless I have five minutes to stand and listen. Not that that is a problem, but who wants to hear irrelevant stories? What is even more funny is that one, who is actually self-named Elizabeth, has disclosed that she has multiple cats. Yep, you guessed it, she's a cat lady and it's real sad. I can tell she's lonely because when she comes up to my desk in her motorized jazzie seat she'll start talking about the book she just recently read or what her cats were doing, etc. etc. What am I to do? I politely listen, what more can be done? (hehe)

Yesterday I spent the day with Mom and Anna came by with the boys. We had a chick-flick movie marathon - well actually we first watched Nanny McPhee and enjoyed that. What was fun was that the nanny is really ugly at the beginning of the movie, when the kids are very "naughty" and as the kids start learning how to behave and she loses her warts and "snaggletooth" and at the end she is her beautiful original self. It was a heart-warming story. Awww.... (hehe)

Here's more Deep Thoughts from Jack Handey:

At first I thought, if I were Superman, a perfect secret identity would be "Clark Kent, Dentist," because you could save money on tooth X-rays. But then I thought, if a patient said, "How's my back tooth?" and you just looked at it with your X-ray vision and said, "Oh it's okay," then the patient would probably say, "Aren't you going to take an X-ray, stupid?" and you'd say, "Aw you, get outta here," and then he probably wouldn't even pay his bill.

0 comments: