Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Renewal Phone

I got trained yesterday at the library on "Circ 1" and now I can answer phone calls and renew patron's books and stuff. That's a lot, because we get many calls for renewals and all I was able to do before was just answer the phone and put them on hold. So far it's been going well, with only a few confusing ones with people with thick accents. What was frustrating was that one of my younger coworkers, after I asked him a question about something, was acting kind of know-it-all and was almost put out and was like, "Wow, they are rushing you guys aren't they" - implying that we weren't ready to be trained on new things, etc etc. Anyway, I was perturbed by his condescending attitude and did my best by telling him what I did know and was capable of. He just shook his head.

It turns out that I have a buyer for my scooter in Taiwan - I'm excited because that's $200 for me! I do wish I could have brought it back and could drive it here. Maybe someday I'll buy one...(hehe)

Here is a Jack Handey quote to make you smile: "If you ever fall off the Sears Tower, just go limp, because you'll look like a dummy and people will try to catch you because, hey, free dummy."

0 comments: