Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Interview

I had my interview with Lincoln Elementary and I thought it went pretty well - even though I was nervous as I'll get out. They were asking for six adjectives that describe me....uh.... I had to think for a minute at what an adjective was! (hehe) Well, After the interview, the principal took me on a short tour on of the library itself - then gave me a short paper to fill out. Philosophy and whatnot. Well, in the library already was a lady I already knew and I joined her and started filling out my paper. This lady was my site advisor for my school program - and has the same degree as me. Well, I got a little nervous now that I knew who else was up for the job. My friend and I chatted for a bit, then she left me alone - then I saw the lady who interviewed after me and she sat down and started filling out the same paper. I talked with her for a few minutes - she was a retired librarian from Jordan school district. I was then really nervous and discouraged - I wasn't going to get this job. I just felt it. Well, I had to wait a week to hear anything - and I was right about not getting the job. Even though this wasn't a surprise, I was upset. I had a teary talk with my Dad and he gave me some good advice. I called the district office and heard that a few schools still hadn't done any interviewing and I still had a chance of getting a position with a school. I hope they're right!

1 comments:

Lovely Lisa said...

I haaaaate that feeling, when you know it's a lost cause before you even exit the building. Well, good luck with the other jobs!