Monday, February 25, 2008

Total Eclipse of the Heart

I was home Thursday morning battling a head cold, trying to decide whether to go to work or not, when Kade (bro-in-law) called me that Dad was in the hospital with chest pains. I was so scared - we all were scared - but Kade kept me updated throughout the morning and I soon knew that Dad had had a minor heart-attack but was out of danger. I guess he had a 4 stints put into his major heart arteries - fed through the artery in the upper leg. That was hurting Dad the most. When I went to visit that evening, he was sitting up in bed and very attentive. I never saw him in pain. Everyone in the family and ward have been so nice and loving. People came out to see Dad at the Murray IHC Hospital and even brought meals to the house after he got home. Talk about humbling! I heard that Dad's name was on prayer rolls at 4 different temples. I haven't seen Dad this week, but I heard he's doing really good. He's taken the week off, but is still doing work from home and just taking it easy. Now Mom is looking for more heart-healthy recipes to be better. I want to think that because Dad has been eating better and exercising that his heart-attack was not more severe. Who knows if it could have been prevented. Who knows the Lord's complete plan for our lives!

2 comments:

Lovely Lisa said...

I'm glad he was okay!

Anonymous said...

Hey Elizabeth, I was so glad to hear that your Dad was ok. That was really scary and schocking!!