Thursday, December 6, 2007

December Window Display

Work is great as always. I have a core group of kids that come to my Homework help program each day. Actually, this week I had some new kids start coming, including a set of boy/girl twins from Turkey. We get to help with their ESL work. It's fun developing friendships with these kids - and I even have a few who come into the room who don't even have homework and just want to hang out with us. Awww, they like me! They really like me! (hehe) So, I took my turn to do the window display for December. The window it quite big, probably 5 feet across and like 10 feet high and it looks out to the little patio outside. It has great light during the day. So, I decided to do a little scene from the "The Night Before Christmas". Anna helped me brainstorm the idea. It's a fireplace hearth with a fire going and three stocking hanging from the mantle. Anna made the stockings for me and they are dang cute - one is argyle, one has stripes and the last one is checkered. Above and beneath the fireplace it says, "The stockings were hung by the chimney with care, in hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there.". I just finished putting the last of the words up and it turned out really cute and I've gotten lots of compliments on it. I did it! I'll take pictures to show it off - I'm proud of the finished product!

3 comments:

Briann said...

Hey you! I bet it turned out really cute, don't forget to take pics and put them up!

Anonymous said...

Yep, pics, can't wait for pics! :D

Briann said...

Hey chica! YOu have been tagged! Read my blog to find out more! :)