Thursday, April 26, 2007

The break in

So, I have a sad story to tell. Just yesterday morning I went to my car and found it unlocked, and I then realized that it had been broken in to. Yes, they took my stereo and my burned CD's. Also, they took the ashtray drawer, that was filled with pennies. Can you believe that? I'm not sure if I left the door unlocked the night before, I was carrying groceries. I can tell they rooted around the car and even in the trunk. I'm trying to remember if I had anything of worth in there, but I don't see anything missing. I am so frustrated, especially about having to replace the stereo. I did call the police to report it, but you know they can't do anything.

Well, on a lighter note. Our ward had a goal to have a 40-day fast and they wanted to have someone from the ward fasting and attending the temple on each day. So, I signed up for temple attendance every week. It's been so nice. I went yesterday and did an hour's worth of initiatories and it was great. I have loved going weekly this last month and I want to keep that up and go weekly, or every 2 weeks. The temple is so close, I need to take advantage of it more. I vowed I would after living in Taiwan and having to travel two hours to the temple.

I might be promoted to be an assistant in another department. I had an interview, for the 3rd floor, last week and then just today I had a call from the Sprague library wanting to interview me. So, the advantages of becoming an assistant would be that I could learn more what a librarian does and maybe become a paid librarian when I graduate, which is soon.

0 comments: