Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Time to Go!

Monday I picked up the Penske rental truck and parked it in front of my house. I had been packing like crazy so I could be ready to load the truck on Monday and Tuesday. Dad had the day off, it was President's Day, and they had actually just gotten back in town from Idaho that afternoon. Well, earlier Dad and I planned to move in the heavy objects on Monday, then I would move the boxes in on Tuesday, etc. Dad & Mom came over and we pulled the truck into the driveway. We started getting my stuff ready to move when my home teacher happened to be walking by, and my male neighbors downstairs all were home. They all were available to help Dad and I get my belongings into the truck. It didn't take any time at all! Many hands make light work! I was so grateful for their help and hopefully they knew that! After, we drove the truck over to Grammy's house to pack the rest of my belongings into the truck. By this time, David and Sheila were helping out. When I had all the boxes in the garage for David and Dad to pack in, I was a bit worried that I wouldn't be able to get it all in! Well, I shouldn't have doubted because Dad and David are packing masters and they turned that space into a nicely ordered cube. It all fit perfectly with a few spaces to squish some last minute objects! I couldn't believe we got all of that finished on one day! Yeah!

Tuesday I was able to do some last minute errands and even had time to watch a movie with Mom. I started my good-byes and that was really hard. I hate doing that! Dad gave me a blessing that evening and it was great. I didn't even know he was wanting to do that, and it was really good.



Leaving tomorrow...

0 comments: