Thursday, December 11, 2008

Rapuzel's Revenge

Once upon a time, in a land you only think you know, lived a little girl and her mother . . . or the woman she thought was her mother.
Every day, when the little girl played in her pretty garden, she grew more curious about what lay on the other side of the garden wall . . . a rather enormous garden wall.
And every year, as she grew older, things seemed weirder and weirder, until the day she finally climbed to the top of the wall and looked over into the mines and desert beyond.
Cute adventuresome graphic novel version of the traditional story with fun illustrations. This is a great damsel-in-distress fights back story. I love how Rapunzel uses her long braids as a lasso, or a a whip, etc. Very creative! I enjoyed it!

1 comments:

Stephanie :) said...

I have heard of this book because I love the other books this author, Shannon Hale, has written. I haven't read this one yet, but maybe I will now that you give it a good review! :)