Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Close Encounters of the Weird Kind

Boy do I have a story for you! (hehe) Well, I met up with a friend at Institute that I knew from the Rosewood Single's Ward. His name is Matt. Well, he had a friend with him and we chatted for a few minutes and whatnot, his name is Jared - a little geeky and stinky. It turns out that his best friend is Steven Retz and he and Matt live in a big house with Steven and his wife, and another married couple. Weird! Anyway, Matt and I exchanged phone numbers and later that week he came by, with Jared, to my place and we hung out for an hour or so. Well, here's where it gets good. So, that Friday I get this call from an unknown number - which happens often with my calling - and the person was like, "Hi!" (no name was mentioned), I said, "Hi..." (awkward pause) ..."who is this?". He says, "It's me!". I reply, "Me who?" (I hate it when people do this) He responds, "It's me, Jared!" (Hmm, Jared, Jared, oh no, not That Jared!) Now, let me back up for a minute: I learned earlier that Jared is in the middle of a divorce and has a 4yr old son, Steven (after his best friend). He is also unemployed. Can you see my dilemma? He was awkward on the phone and was like, "I haven't done this for 5 years..." - so I said, "what are you trying to say?". He told me that liked me, but was in limbo right now. Aaaahh! Why me? He then went into a long discourse about his "ex"-wife and other boring things. I half-listened to the conversation as I worked on the computer. He finally let me go and I dreaded what would happened in the near future - well, I didn't have to wait long - he proceeded to call me almost every day for the next two weeks! Argg - I didn't answer any of the those calls! My friend Matt has called me a few times, I did talk to him, and he would ask about Jared. I was honest with Matt that I wasn't interested in a relationship and hoped that he would get the message to Jared. Just today Jared called while Mom and I were out and about and I ignored his call, but he left a message that gave the impression that Matt had finally talked to him. He called back later this evening and I answered this time. After some chit-chat, he finally said, "How do you feel about me?". I was excited - because I wasn't brave enough to tell him how I felt and this was my chance. I told him that I hardly knew him and didn't have any feelings towards him. He said that he thought his being divorced was scaring me and I said that I wasn't scared, but that it wasn't appropriate for him to be calling me while he was still legally married. He said that that would soon be "fixed" in a few weeks and he asked how I felt about him calling afterwards - I told him that I wasn't interested. He said he was glad that he now understood and quickly got off the phone. FINALLY!! (hehe) Matt called me later and I asked him about Jared, and how he was taking it. He said that Jared was upset and had actually thought that I was interested in him. Whatever! Since when? Anyway, all that is now over and I chalk that up to close encounters of the weird boys.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And some people wish they were single and dating again, weirdos!
Although, single and not dating has it's many pros...

At least your life has drama ;)

~Ashley

Briann said...

Oh my gosh! That is SOOO Crazy! Never get into it with someone in the middle of a divorce. And what is up with living with married couples? That is just plain wierd!