Saturday, May 5, 2007

New calling

So, I have school this weekend (which I'm not too crazy about) but it is the last weekend this semester and that's good. I got clearance to apply for graduation, so I'll be doing my LAST class next semester and that one is just a recap of what I've learned. It's called a Capstone. But, I also found out that Emporia State University is NOT having a summer graduation ceremony. Mom and Dad were planning on going with me and then they would send me home on a plane and take a rental car for a church history tour, for their 30th wedding anniversary. Anyway, they will have to just go without me this summer and I have to wait to "walk" in December. I really want to walk at commencement because I'll get the cool Master's hood. Well, it's not really a hood, but a sash thing. Anyway, you've probably seen pictures of Dad. So, I'm bummed that I have to wait to graduate, but I'm excited to be done next semester! I can't even tell you how ready I am to be done with school! It's been 10 years since high school, but 8 of those years I have been in school! Yikes! I'm burned out! I could never have been a medical doctor! (hehe)

I got a calling in my ward. Yes, I was called to be the (drum roll please) APARTMENT COORDINATOR! Isn't that something else? I love made up callings for singles wards! In brief, my duties will be to keep information about apartments available in our ward, so people can move it, and also info for people wanting to move into the ward. Yes, I know, this is really important. Well, it seems to be already because I have already had a few people come up to me with their room information. Well, I'll tell you more about my experiences as this goes along. I guess they need me! (hehe)

No word on my stolen car stereo, like there would, and so I've started doing some price checks for a new one. I think I'll keep it simple and hopefully get a good one for under $100. In the meantime I have been using my little MP3 player - with an earphone in one ear. I do keep the volume down so I can hear traffic, but hopefully I won't get pulled over for it! I can't remember if that is illegal.

0 comments: